Sunday, May 17, 2015

Meet Sunday Sophisticant....Kashia Dowden



Introduction:
I am a high school counselor. I have four children. I enjoy the simplistic things in life.

How long have you been natural?
I have been natural off and on for 15 years; however, this time around I have gone three years without a relaxer. I love being natural because of the ease,  the convenience, and the fact that I have really learned how to embrace my curly hair.

What is your hair regimen & must have products?
My hair is natural curly, so it doesn't take much for me to do my hair, but my hair was always dry. I have used so many hair products, however I have fallen in love with Organically Yours hair products. I use the Satin Cleanse, Cashmere, Giovanni Direct Leave-in, and a little Velvet cream for shine. The combination of these products makes my hair softer than it has ever been since I have been natural. My three daughters have all decided to be natural and each of them have different hair textures which is a task to find what really works for them. My oldest uses a lot of protective styles as she transitions. My 15 year old and 9 year old have been natural 2 years, and we are still trying to get in a routine. They have braids at the moment, but when we take them down we are going to start Organically Yours and Giovanni Leave-in on their hair. 

Tips to help others on this journey:
I have recently learned that deep conditioning is essential, and we are going to try Eden's Jojoba conditioner.  It is important to learn to embrace your texture and find what works for you because what works for someone else doesn't necessarily mean it will do your hair the same way. Being natural takes time and patience, and now there are so many resources available, so if this is the journey you desire, research your hair texture and find what products and styles work for you.



How can the readers reach you?
You can find me on Facebook @ Kashia’s Korner for your Paparazzi Accessory needs.

No comments:

Post a Comment