Sunday, May 24, 2015

Meet Sunday Sophisticant....Melisande Pittman



INTRODUCTION:

I am a mother of two wonderful (a handful) toddlers, Evan, 3 years old and soon to be 4 years old, and Jordyn, 2 years old. I am a former middle school English teacher, and am a Staff Sergeant in the United States Army Reserve with currently 12 years of service. Currently, I work as an Unit Administrator for a Reserve/Active Duty unit. With my two busy cubs, I no longer have any real hobbies but used to love to write short stories. I love traveling as much as possible.

HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN NATURAL?

I have been natural THIS TIME for 4 years. I alternated between natural and relaxed hair throughout college.

WHAT IS YOUR HAIR REGIMEN & MUST HAVE PRODUCTS?

Currently, I have my hair cut in a tapered style, which is the first time that I have cut it since my big chop in October 2011. Because I’m a lazy natural, I don’t have a real hair regimen, but I’m usually a wash and go person.
I’m not a product junkie, so my products have been the same pretty much since 2011. I use As I Am Leave-in Conditioner or Giovanni Leave-in Conditioner, almond or coconut oil (whichever is on sale), and sometimes As I Am Curling Jelly or Eco-Styler Curl and Wave Gel, and finished with OGX Defrizz Kukui Oil. I also use OGX Kukui shampoo and conditioner.

TIPS!!!!!

Again, because I’m lazy and not very consistent, I don’t have any “always” or “nevers” when it comes to my hair.
My two tips for others would be: 1. Don’t be afraid to cut your hair and start over. It’s hair…it’ll grow back. 2. Find what works for you. Your journey is just that…YOURS!

No comments:

Post a Comment