Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Do you Pre-Poo?



Do you suffer from dry and crunchy hair? Try Pre-pooing! What is pre-pooing you may ask? It is the short form of the word pre-shampooing. Pre-pooing can increase manageability, shine, and moisture. Some women use oils such as coconut oil which penetrates the hair follicle, extra virgin olive oil, grape seed oil and the list goes on. Others select different foods that have been proven to be beneficial to overall hair health such as avocado, bananas or coconut milk. I, myself, prefer to use warm coconut oil as my pre-poo. First, I section my hair into 4 sections using my fingers then I carefully finger detangle my hair using coconut oil. I totally saturate my hair from root to tip with  coconut oil to help with detangling and removing shedded hair to make washing my hair easier. Then, I cover my hair with a plastic cap or bag (Wal-Mart bags are the best…lol) for about 20 minutes to allow my body heat to promote oil absorption. Lastly, I rinse my hair and continue my regular hair care regimen. Have you pre-pooed? If so, what did you use? Did you have noticeable results?


No comments:

Post a Comment