Sunday, June 7, 2015

Meet Sunday Sophisticant ....Mrs. Shea Hereford



Introduction:

I am a 35 year old wife and mother. I've been married to my college sweetheart, Ashley Hereford, for almost 10 years and am the mother of 2 beautiful children Kailee(11) and Zane(6). I'm a stay at home mom that occasionally does taxes on the side. I'm very active in my children's school life as well as extra-curricular activities. I enjoy reading and spending as much time as possible with my family. 

How long have I been natural?

I started my natural journey 3 years ago. I didn't do a big chop. I just woke up one day and realized it had been 6 months since I had a relaxer. So I just stuck with it. I guess I didn't choose the natural journey, it chose me.

What is your hair care regimen and must have products?

I don't really have a regimen. I just do what works for the style I am trying to achieve that day. I fluctuate between a few products. I don't do or use the things most naturals do. I go with what works best for me. I don't wash my hair often, but when I do I use good old fashioned Cream of Nature detangling shampoo (it worked when I was a little girl, it works now). I top that off with their lemongrass and Rosemary leave in conditioner.  I use all Amla legend products, La Bella or Tresemme defining curl gel and Organically Yours Velvet. Velvet is GREAT for Bantu knots and locking in moisture.  I mainly spray my hair with a water and coconut/vitamin E oil mixture and go.

What are your hair care Always and Nevers? 
 
I don't really have any always or nevers. I'm just too lazy to have either. I do have color treated hair, so deep conditioning is a must. 

Tips:

My tip for other naturals would have to be do you. Try different things and figure out what works for your hair. What works best for others may not be what's best for you. Get a go to style and LOVE the hair you got!

No comments:

Post a Comment