Sunday, March 15, 2015

Meet Sunday Sophisticants......Stephanie & Jade!



Introduction
Blessed Day Natural Divas!
I am Stephanie Norwood-Wayne, the proud mother of two wonderful children, Jade and Jordan Wayne.  I am a national board certified 6th grade ELA teacher in the Tupelo School District and my daughter, Jade is a senior at THS and son, Jordan is a seventh grader. I am the youngest of six children and a native of Starkville, MS. 
My education:  Graduate of Starkville High School, Hinds Community College, Raymond and Alcorn State -major, Fashion Merchandising with a second degree in elementary education and all advanced degrees from Mississippi State University, elementary education and educational leadership.
Jade is a talented young lady who plays the saxophone, draws, paints, and crochets. She loves applying makeup and creating new styles for her hair. When time allows, I love to sew!
 
How long have you been natural?
I have been natural for four years, and Jade has been for one year. As a child, I remember my mom not having to press my hair if she didn't feel like it, so I knew my hair was manageable in its natural state. When my hair began to gray (slightly), and I had to relax as well as color my hair, I decided that was too many chemicals; therefore the natural journey began. As for my daughter, she got a sew-in that left her edges severely broken. As a result, she decided to give natural hair a try, and she has embraced the journey. Naturally, our hair is much healthier!

Their Regimen, Favorite Products & Tips!
My favorite products are inexpensive, but work very well. The kids' line , Just for Me has a great line for natural hair. Other products we use often are African Pride Shea Butter Miracle, almond oil and argan oil.

As you begin or continue your journey, do not become weary! It does take me longer to prepare my hair for bed and for going out but the results are well worth the extra time spent.
Never go to bed without a head covering! Even when I know I have to or need to shampoo my hair, I still cover my hair before going to bed because sometimes life happens and that shampoo has to be postponed.*:-/ confused

My pictures include us in our natural state as well as in protective styles. If I can be of assistance, contact me at stepAKA@yahoo.com. Remember our "Naturals in the Spring" Event, Saturday, March 28th, in Tupelo, MS. Get your tickets at eventbrite, nickestreet.com, or A Plus Barber Salon.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment