Sunday, May 3, 2015

Meet Sunday Sophisticant...Dani Robinson of Kurly Gurlies



Introduction:
My name is Dani. I'm a stay at home mom of 3 natural little girls. I enjoy reading, writing, jewelry and am a product junkie! I'm the founder of Kurly Gurlies on Facebook where I give tips and advice to naturals to help along their journey.

How long have you been natural?
I've been natural this time since 2012. It's something I've always wanted to be. Since 2008 I'd been doing the big chop once a year and in 2012 decided to let it grow! It's who I am, and I wanted my daughters to know that it's ok to embrace who you are and to be happy with that decision.

What is your hair regimen?
My hair is a medium length fro. I'm 3c/4a on the chart that most naturals use. I also have color in my hair which drastically changes how I care for it. I deep condition more. I don't really have a detailed regimen per se. I don't have a set wash day. I just make sure I keep my hair moisturized and healthy. I deep condition weekly, shampoo twice a month and cowash as often as I feel necessary. No special treatments over here. I keep it simple, and I see growth.

What are your favorite products?
My favorite hair care products are whipped shea butter, Obia, Camille Rose and an assortment of my
own homemade concoctions.

Tips!!!
Tips I would give to new naturals are: keep it simple, what works for me. It may or may not work for you and do your own research.

How can the readers reach you?
You can find me on Facebook @ www.facebook.com/kurlygurlies
Twitter @happiblessd1
And Instagram @prettiladii85 

I also have a natural hair event coming up called Kurly Gurlies Presents Coils N Kinks Natural Hair Meetup Day in Tupelo MS on May 30th from 12pm to 4pm @ the Clarion Inn Suite #6! Tickets are available @ kurlygurliestickets.eventbrite.com 
Last day to purchase VIP & EarlyBird tickets will be May 22nd! 

No comments:

Post a Comment