Sunday, June 28, 2015

Meet Sunday Sophisticant....Jasmine!

Introduction
My name is Jasmine Howard. I like to think of myself as a delicate wildflower. God, family and friendship are very dear and near to my heart. I'm nothing without these 3. A year ago, I began my journey in elementary education as a Special Education Teacher. Also, I have my own business with It Works Global and am an aspiring singer. My hobbies include singing, dancing, styling, mentoring, cooking, and watching movies. I am a lover of amazing scents, music,style, good food, roadtrips, and fun. 24 years in counting and I'm still writing my story. 
How long have you been natural? What's your haircare regimen? 
I have been natural 2 years now. I wash and condition my hair twice a month!!! I seal my hair with oil and conditioner before every wash so that my hair will be easier to manage before the process begins. After, I detangle with a wide tooth comb. Next, I wash twice only focusing on my scalp and roots.Then I rinse. After, I deep condition for about 20 minutes( if I'm in the mood no less than 15 min. ) with a shower cap. I rinse that out and spray leave -in and part four sections for detangling. Once, that's done 😧😰. I decide which products to use and then I style my hair based on the look I'm going for 😄. Every morning and night, I water my hair like a plant (lol) with a water and oil mixture.

At night, I sleep with a silk bonnet. I take hair, skin and nail vitamins twice daily to aid in the health and strength of my hair.
What are your favorite products?
1. Hair,Skin and Nails vitamins by It Works www.Jazfit.myitworks.com
2. Water and coconut & grapeseed oil mixture (Dandelion cocunut & grapeseed oil by J.Trigg***    product line launching soon
3. VO5 kiwi lime Squeeze Clarify Shampoo and Conditioner
4. Passion Fruit Curl Control Paste by Curls
5. Lusti Naturals Argon Oil CurlWave Twist Gel
6. CANTU Moisturizing Curl Cream Activator
7. Cream of Nature Argon Oil Leave in Treatment
Natural Hair Tips!
IF you are on your natural hair journey my advice is to embrace "your" hair because there is only one amazing you and no replicas. Be patient with the process, find what products work for you, be consistent with your regimen and learn to love and honor the real unique you. One more tip, please do not compare your hair to anyone else's remember everyone is different and that's good thing.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment